Overview of TSPCB Telangana State Pollution Control Board
The Telangana State Pollution Control Board (TSPCB) is a statutory body that implements environmental laws and rules within the State of Telangana. TSPCB was constituted under Sec.4 of the Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 and Section 5 of Air (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1981, after the bifurcation of the Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board (APPCB). Telangana SPCBensures proper implementation of the statutes and judicial/ legislative laws related to environmental preservation within the State of Telangana. The Board also insists on installing monitoring equipment in all industries to analyse and record air and water quality, along with noise level data through the Enviro Care Centre (ECC). The Board also enforces the following Acts and Rules in the state of Telangana.
- Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1974.
- Air (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1981.
- E-Waste (Management) Rules, 2016
- Bio-Medical Waste Management Rules, 2016
- Water (P&CP) Cess Act, 1977.
- Environment (Protection) Act, 1986.
- The Noise Pollution (Regulation and Control) Rules, 2000.
- Batteries (Management & Handling) Rules, 2001
- Solid Waste Management Rules, 2016.
- Plastic Waste Management Rules, 2016.
- The Manufacture, Storage & Import of Hazardous Chemical Rules, 1989.
- Hazardous and Other Wastes Rules, 2016.
- Construction and Demolition Waste Management Rules, 2016.
Functions of Telangana State Pollution Control Board (TSPCB)
- To plan for the prevention, control or abatement of water and air pollution and advise the State Government in the prevention, control or abatement of pollution of air and water streams and wells in the state.
- To advise the State Government concerning the suitability of any premises or location for carrying on any industrial activity that is likely to cause water or air emission.
- To collect and disseminate data relating to air and water pollution and collaborate with the CPCB in the training of personnel in the prevention, control or abatement of air and water pollution.
- To inspect sewage/trade effluents and to review plans, and lay down and modify or annul standards for the sewage and trade effluents.
- To inspect pollution control equipment, industrial plant or manufacturing process and direct them to take steps for the prevention abetment and control of water pollution and inspect air pollution control areas to assess air quality.
- To set standards for the release of air emissions from industrial plants and the discharge of any air pollutant into the atmosphere
Consent Certificates provided by TSPCB
The No objection certificate (NOC)is issued to Industrial units in two stages, once before the initiation of construction for which Consent to Establish (CTE) is granted and the other, after the establishment but before the unit starts to operate for which Consent for Operation (CTO) is issued. The application, submitted through the Online Consent and Authorisation Management, is routed to the concerned Regional Officer. There are 10 Regional Offices in the State of Telangana.
Industries that are required to obtain the TSPCB Consent
All manufacturing units in the state have been categorised into Red, Orange, Green and SSI(Small scale Industries)by the Telangana State Pollution Control Board (TSPCB).The Board also maintains a separate White category that does not require Consent from the Board. To give a general idea, industries falling under the following categories must apply for Consent NOC
- E-Waste Management (Collection, dismantling, recycling)
- Solid Waste Management (collection, segregation, co-processing, recycling)
- Hazardous Waste Management (generation, collection, transportation, storage, disposal)
- Battery Waste Management (collection, recycling, refining, disposal)
- Plastic Waste Management (collection, waste processing, disposal)
- Bio-Medical Waste Management (collection, storage, treatment and disposal)
- Manufacturing enterprises
- Health Care Facilities (generation and storage)
- Import/Export business related to the above industries
Documents for Consent to Establish
The following documents must be uploaded while applying for Consent NOC to the Telangana State Pollution Control Board(TSPCB) under The Air Act and The Water Act.
- Online Application
- List of names of addresses of all directors and partners
- Sale and lease deeds
- Layout Plan
- Schematic diagram of the business operation
- Details of Water consumption and Wastewater balance
- Land use classification
- Documents related to land ownership
- Project Report certificate from registered CA
- Proof of Consent fee under Water and Air Acts
- Material safety data sheets (Risk assessment report/ Onsite emergency preparedness plan/Off-site emergency preparedness plan.)
- Environmental Clearance (if applicable)
Document required for Consent to operate
Consent to Operate also called Consent for operation (CFO), is also issued through the OCMMS portal of the Telangana State Pollution Control Board (TSPCB). The document required at this stage is as follows.
- Latest layout map of the factory.
- Process flow chart and detailed manufacturing process.
- Requisite fees prescribed for obtaining Consent to operate
- Proof of Production
- List of plant & machinery installed by the unit.
- Monitoring report for different sources of emission or effluents as applicable, and accreditation from State Board Laboratoriesrecognised by MoEF or CPCB.
- Proof Deposit of fees for consent certificate
- Copy of issued CTE
- Analysis report of the stack monitoring and noise level (if applicable)
- Copy of Clearance from NBWL (if applicable)
- Proof of compliance report (for renewal)
- Copy of latest Environmental Management Plan (if applicable)
Procedure for acquiring Consent Certificate from TSPCB
As per Sub Section 2 of Section 25 of the Water (P& CP) Act and subsection 2 of section 21 of The Air (P& CP) Act, an application for Consent has to be made to the Telangana State Pollution Control Board (TSPCB) along with particulars and necessary documents. The application must be accompanied by prescribed fees. The process of granting a final CFO involves document scrutiny and preparing an agenda based on the observations in the inspection reports and other remarks and placed before the CFO committee for its recommendations. Timelines for Approval for Green Industries are 7 Days, for Orange Industries, it is 14 Days, while for Red Industries, it is 21 days.The stages involved in the process are as follows.
Application and Fee submission
Application for Consent NOCis made through Online Consent Management and Monitoring System (OCMMS). The TSPCB issues a common CFO and Hazardous waste authorisation order to the industries. The Regional Officer forwards the application to the concerned Assistant Environmental Engineer for scrutiny.
Review of application
The Regional officer shall scrutinise the application and observations of AEE and raise clarification to the industry online if the information furnished by the industry is inadequate. Simultaneously, action will be initiated to getan inspection report to avoid delay and early disposal of the application.
The inspectingofficer will conduct a site inspection of theindustry and conduct monitoring of stack emission, ambient air quality,and analysisof effluent samples if required. He will verify compliance with the Consent conditions and directions issued by the Board during the processing of the application.
Grant of Certificate
The concerned officers willscrutinise the application on basis of emission details, discharge details, production capacities, pollution control measures' status, and environmental clearance conditions issued by MoEF/SEIAA, Telangana State (if applicable).Consent will be granted within the stipulated timeframe if all applicable criteria are met.
How can Enterclimate assist you?
Legal Assistance from a team of professionals
Our team of experts from the have more than 10 years of experience in the Consent NOC and authorisation procedures for establishing any new business.
End to Endassistance for all environmental Responsibilities
Enterclimate provides cost-effective solutions for all licence and registration-related requirements under one roof. This will ensure that all your legal obligations are synchronised, saving you time and money.
Best-in-class client Support
Enterclimate also provides comprehensive Guidance and support towards any grievance of our clients. We ensure that all interactions with our clients are swift and productive.